The Langtang valley, lies to the northwest of Kathmandu valley, and is overshadowed to the north by the high peak of Langtang Lirung (23,756ft) on Tibetan border is mainly populated by Sherpa and Tamang families. Most of the area has been designated a national park, which is noted for its birds and flowers. To the south of Langtang area are the holy lakes of Gosainkunda, scene of a colorful festival each summer, but equally beautiful in spring and autumn which we visit on our return journey from Langtang. We begin our walk after a drive to Dhunche through Tamang settlements with fine views of the trishuli valley. Our route into Langtang takes us through a varied landscape of evergreen forest and rushing streams of Ghoda Tavela. Next we come to Langtang Village itself, and higher still Kyangjin Gompa, a Buddhist monastery at 12,000 ft set in a bowl like valley encircled by snow peaks. Here we can visit the local cheese factory and make our way up to the Langtang Glacier at 15,000 ft.
Hotels and Accomodations
2 nights at Kathmandu valley and during the trek per package requirement and availability.
Scenic view of majestic himalayas.
Welcoming and beautiful langtang valley.
Serene and religiously significant Gosainkunda lake.
Diverse nature, wildlife and birds.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu valley
Day 02: Drive to Syabru besi through dhunche bazar
Day 03. Trek to lama hotel
Day 04: Trek to Langtang village
Day 05: Trek to Kyanzing gumba
Day 06: Explore Kyanzing village and Langtang himalayas
Day 07: Trek to Langtang village
Day 08: Trek to Syabru besi
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu from Syabru besi
Day 10: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 11: Final departure to airport or next destination
Seasonal and travel information:
Trek to Langtang valley is great at any time of year, but the monsoon season (June to August) can be very wet with the mountains hidden clouds. In winter it is cold at night but clear and sunny during the day. FEB-MAY and SEPT- NOV (Autumn) are the most popular trekking season in Nepal.
One can reach Dhunche from Kathmandu valley by public bus, private mini-bus and 4WD Jeep. A Car will make the journey to Dhunche in approx 10 hours under normal conditions. The public bus leaves early every morning at Gongabu Bus Park for Dhunche and Syabru Bensi, an hour more of travel distance. It is only 118 kms to Dhunche but its a slow and bumpy road. During the summer monsoon period the road may be affected by landslide, particularly in Dhunche.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus
- Hotel in Kathmandu on B / B
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour
- All meals during trekking 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners)
- Government Licensed holder English speaking Trekking Guides and Porters during the trek
- Langtang Conservation Area Permit.& TIMS Card (Trekking Information Management System)
- All local Transportation from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu except Breakfast
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal Trekking Equipment
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected)
- Sightseeing Monument entrance fees
- Any kind of personal expense / Helicopter rescue
- Additional Porter fee or mule fee if required during the trekking
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned